Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Little Italian I Now Know

With four classes of Intensive Elementary Italian under my belt, I can actually say a few things about myself!

Mi chiamo Kristen. Io sono americana. Studio all'universita (my accent marks fail on this) di Colgate. Sono una studentessa. Nel tempo libero visito i musei. Mangio gelato.

I can ask people how they are: "Come stai?"

I can say that I'm tired: "Sono stanca" or very well "molto bene"

I can say "I would like": "Vorrei" (which never ceases to make me think the word "voudrais" in my head...I guess Paris refuses to be forgotten)

Going back to the gelato thing, I'm starting to learn how to say various fruit names in Italian because of it: fragola is strawberry, limpone is raspberry, mirtillo is blueberry, peach is pesca...etc.

I can also count to 100, ask how to say something "come si dice" (which always makes me revert to my spanish "como se dice"), say that I like something "Mi piace...", and a few other things, but I shant bore you with all of my newly found vocab.

Not too shabby, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment