Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kristen in the Kitchen - Part Three

While I've been having feasts with my fellow building-mates (one with the boys included pizza with prosciutto, red wine sauteed onions with scrambled eggs, potatoes with herbs baked in, bruschetta, pasta with spinach and onions in tomato sauce, etc.), I've also been cooking for myself. The goal is to progressively become more adventurous with my cooking endeavors here, so let's call the following a start.

My first foray into pasta was fusilli with tomato sauce, fresh basil, and emmental cheese melted in. Basic, but it definitely hit the spot.

My pasta. It tasted just as good as it looks. And personally, I think it looks damn good. 

Next I went for chicken, as I was craving protein. In a skillet I cooked the raw chicken tenders that I had bought at the store with olive oil and a pre-packaged herb mix containing thyme and rosemary among other things. I also added some garlic. Add that to the couscous that I whipped up and melted parmesan cheese into and you get quite the meal.

My chicken and couscous.

Finally, and I will admit that this is one of my favorites, I made open-faced grilled cheese. Not just any old grilled cheese though. I'm talking about bruschetta bread toasted in a skillet with olive oil and garlic powder...not one, but three types of cheese (parmesan, emmental, and provolone), and gala apple slices on top. It was so good that I ate it two nights in a row.

The picture doesn't do this one justice. So do yourself a favor and make it and try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment