Saturday, September 29, 2012

Trattoria da Ginone

What does one do after coming back from a day at Cinque Terre? Joins the friends who didn't go for dinner, of course!

As if I hadn't already eaten enough for the day, I decided to embark on my first trip to the Oltrarno (the other side of the Arno River) for a Trip Advisor approved meal.

Trattoria da Ginone is about two bridges to the right of the Ponte Vecchio and was filled with locals. In fact, it was so packed that our lack of reservation for a party of five had us waiting for 20 minutes. And I will say that the waiting was worth it.

Trattoria da Ginone from our outside waiting perch. 

My roommate Veronica and I decided to get two different things to split (why not try more for the price of one?!). Our choices were pappardelle with wild boar sauce (this time the wild boar had a pulled pork quality to it) and risotto with truffles. I also recommend the house red, but that seems to be the case in almost every Italian restaurant I go to.

I forgot to take a picture while it still looked appetizing. 

For dessert, our group of five decided to split three desserts: a blackberry torte, crème brûlée, and a chocolate cake. The crème brûlée was definitely the weak point, but then again it's also a french dessert that we chose to have in Italy. The blackberry torte was my personal favorite, if you ever choose to go (but watch out, because desserts progressively leave the menu as the night goes on and they get gobbled up!).

Blackberry Torte

Our lovely crème brûlée

Chocolate Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment